Monday, October 02, 2006

Visions, on the one hand, devour my brain; hyenas, on the other, feed on yours.

So, happy Yom Kippur. (i don't know if that is supposed to be capital or not, but i'm wingin it here.)

Superkid is home from school today, so the house is much more bouncy and annoying than usual. You see, it is also raining like crazy, and it is pretty cold out, and so Superkid is confined to the destuction of the interior of the house....

So I'm thinking that it would be a good day to go and run errands.

Just so you know, I didn't actually do any of the things that were on my list.

I made a lapblanket for Superhubby's great Grandma, who just had some troubles, and is stuck in a wheelchair for a while. I also broke my arms whilst making it, and so I took some days off of using the arms. My mom came to visit during those days, so it was ok. On friday I started this scarf that is in that Knitting Experience book...it is a cross between a triangle scarf and a regular rectangle scarf. It is going ok....I've got maybe a day more of work to do on it. I also started a hat for my neice last night. I envisioned this hat/scarf set in my mind, so I hope that it comes out well. I am making it from yarn that I saved from a terrible sweater I found at the goodwill. The things some people will do to yarn are appalling.

I am suddenly smelling breakfast food.

A lot, it smells like french toast right behind me.

but there is no french toast.

maybe its a brain tumor.

or the people upstairs.

Am I the only one in the world that actually enjoys living in an apartment? people keep telling me that I need to buy a house or, at the very least, a condo....but I like my apartment, and I don't really want to buy anything. Except yarn. and maybe more pets.

No comments: