Saturday, February 03, 2007

I do in fact prefer raucous company but am delighted to be here nevertheless.


So, I entered the knitting contest on craftster, and I am not winning.

I made this sweater for my niece, Emma. It is made with chenille yarn, so it is soft and fuzzy.

the point of the contest was to design something that used the chosen stitch, which was garter lace stitch. This was my first sweater design and my first lace knitting, so I don't think it is too bad. I actually made a gauge swatch for this, so it was pretty serious.

I've been making lace scarves too. I've made 3 feather and fan scarves so far. I am a little bit burnt out on them right now, so it may be a while until there is a fourth.

This weekend I'll be making my first effort at polymer clay jewelry. I hope it goes well, because it looks like you can do some really kick ass stuff.

I'm in a DIY kit swap, and I have to make 2 melt and pour soap kits and one sewing kit. In return I'll be getting a kit for hemp jewelry, bookbinding, and decoupage. I can't wait!

We went to see "Night at the Museum" last weekend. It was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Superkid was delighted. Of course, it doesn't take much to delight him, because he thinks anything is funny.

I bought a bunch of awesome handspun yarn from a couple of Etsy shops. I've been really happy with Etsy. I would recommend shopping through Etsy to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. I like the idea behind it.

I must go now. I am not being witty at all. I cannot even concentrate because I am watching "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". And so I will say Aloha, Mr. Hand.....

No comments: